- Saved $35 million per year by improving credit ratings on $2.8 billion of long-term debt; innovative structure recognized as “The Americas Securitization of the Year” by International Financial Review because it was the first time the debt of a company was rated substantially better than the debt of its sovereign government.
- Developed cost of capital estimates to resolve a $2 billion property valuation dispute between the Department of Justice and a major oil company.
- Completed multiple assignments for confidential clients involving refining and marketing acquisitions and divestments, refinery upgrades and strategic restructurings in the United States, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
- Provided opinion letter to the U.S. Department of Energy regarding the feasibility of financing a $900 million coke gasification project with non-recourse debt.
- Provided expert testimony to win investors’ petition for a 15% ‘guaranteed’ investment return on a new, multi-million dollar natural gas pipeline in West Africa.
- Developed internal valuation principles and guidelines for an energy consulting firm.
- Recapitalized a small E&P company to secure $75 million of expansion capital.
- Conducted business assessments and financial forecasts for experimental diesel fuel additives and a new lube oil manufacturing process.
- Provided fairness opinions on more than 20 structured upstream petroleum investments.
- Developed policies to assist a major oil exporting country accelerate local content development in energy equipment and services.
- Guided a private technology company through the IPO process.
- Prepared business and financing plans to secure joint venture financing for a start-up manufacturing company.
- Increased investment returns 150% by redesigning global expansion plans for a start-up company.